HK 3700Details https://uk.harmanaudio.com/HK+3700%2F230.html
Item# HK 3700/230
Additional InformationHigh-performance stereo receiver with 170 watts of power, analogue and digital capacity and networked connectivity. Harman Kardon’s reputation for excellence in sound quality and distortion-free power just moved forward to embrace the best of both digital and analogue worlds. Discover 170 watts of power in a stereo receiver dedicated to complete connectivity for all your devices. The high-performance, Harman Kardon HK 3700 stereo receiver delivers everything you need to drive any home audio system. With analogue and digital connectivity, the HK 3700 delivers plenty of power and offers a built-in, 192 kHz/24-bit DAC. Connect to your home network via Ethernet, playing all your local content over DLNA 1.5 or connect a storage device or any Apple iOS device via USB. And, with built-in AM/FM radio and phono input, the HK 3700 eloquently bridges classic and modern audio. It is a truly powerful centrepiece for your home audio system – a happy collision of old school sound requirements to new school needs for complete connectivity. Enjoy your new entertainment headquarters – to the envy of all who see and hear it.
High-performance stereo receiver featuring 170 watts, analogue and digital capacity and networked connectivity. The high-performance, Harman Kardon HK 3700 stereo receiver delivers everything you need to set up a classic home audio system with modern connectivity for your analogue and digital devices. It delivers 170 watts of ultra-low distortion power and includes a built-in, 192 kHz/24-bit DAC to provide you with a powerful core essential to creating any serious audio system. The HK 3700 also offers DLNA and USB connectivity – so all your old and new devices can be synched to your sound system.
At a Glance:
The Harman Kardon Remote app provides control through iOS and Android platforms as part of the Harman Kardon ecosystem
High resolution DAC, featuring a 24-bit/192 kHz sampling rate
Striking Harman Kardon design leverages quality materials in a 2-channel, 170-watt stereo receiver with ultra-low distortion
Complete connectivity, including a phono input, AM/FM radio teamed with home network DLNA®, vTuner Internet radio, iOS Direct with built-in DAC (digital-to-analogue converter) or audio file play via USB
What's in the box:
1 Harman Kardon HK 3700 System
1 FM radio antenna
1 6' (1.8m) region-specific IEC power cord
2 AAA batteries
1 AM antenna loop
1 programmable remote control
- Striking Harman Kardon design leverages quality materials in a 2-channel, 170-watt stereo receiver with ultra-low distortion
- It can only look and sound like a Harman Kardon if it carries the Harman Kardon name. And the advanced-calibre power derived from its high-current capability amplifiers provides you with what you need to drive the high quality sound you demand from all your playback sources and electronic devices.
- High resolution DAC, featuring a 24-bit/192 kHz sampling rate
- Get the most out of your signal path with a high resolution, 24-bit, 192 kHz DAC – which helps marry analogue to digital in a stereo receiver providing you instant access between devices.In other words, your receiver has the option to receive everything that’s available to you in analogue or digital form – redefining the term ‘stereo receiver’ while transforming your system into a true entertainment/infotainment centre of your design.
- Complete connectivity, including a phono input, AM/FM radio teamed with home network DLNA®, vTuner Internet radio, iOS Direct with built-in DAC (digital-to-analogue converter) or audio file play via USB
- Get the best of both worlds with total connectivity for both analogue and digital playback.From capturing the sounds of your vinyl through an analogue phono input to marvelling at the programming available through your vTuner internet radio access, get all the connectivity and interactivity you demand with network DLNA 1.5. Enjoy internet radio access and connect with iOS Direct through your USB input.
- The Harman Kardon Remote app provides control through iOS and Android platforms as part of the Harman Kardon ecosystem
- A dedicated remote application for control over iOS and Android platforms – complete with an intuitive menu system – is available in an instant through the Harman Kardon Remote app. Life couldn’t be simpler with this streamlined edge on user control.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Power Consumption
- less than 0.5W (standby)
- Power per channel
- 85 watts per channel, two channels driven @ 6/8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kHz, less than 0.07% THD
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance
- 250mV/27k ohms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (IHF-A)
- Frequency Response (@ 1W)
- 10Hz – 130kHz (+0dB/–3dB)
- Power Requirement
- 120V AC/ 60Hz (USA); 220V-240V AC 50Hz/60Hz (EU)
- Height (in)
- Height (mm)
- Width (in)
- Width (mm)
- Depth (in)
- Depth (mm)
HK 3700 is rated out of 5 by 22.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mikeyanthony from Very Good Sound I bought the HK 3700 to go with my HK 2.1 speaker system. The sound is excellent. This is audio only and does not support HDMI connection. The HDMI connections are made from the Cable box, DVD Player, etc. to the TV. Audio cables are used to connect the TV to the HK 3700. It's a bit of a headache for those of us who are electronically challenged. But, once the system is set up, all is well with the world.
Date published: 2015-01-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Norma L from HK 3700 This is the third HK3700 and I'm very happy with the clarity and fidelity of the sound
Date published: 2017-09-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pete M from My new HK3700 I just received my amplifier/receiver. I love the quality of the sound. I also like that I was able to directly connect a turntable (without a separate pre-amp box.
Date published: 2016-10-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by ETradwaste from Replacement for unit purchased in 1969 I purchased a Harman Kardon amp in early 1969. It lost a channel in late 2016, which prompted this purchase. Excellent unit then and now.
Date published: 2017-04-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tessie from Great features! I got this for Christmas to replace an old 70's receiver. Surprisingly good sound. Pushes my 120 watt speakers with ease. Love having a remote and the display an extra bonus.
Date published: 2017-01-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Eddie Young from Love it!! Purchased this for my Turntable. Sounds Fantastic!! Just wanted nice stereo sound and this most definitely does the trick! Plenty of Power for a small to medium sized room. Built in Phono amp works perfectly!
Date published: 2018-04-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by JB44 from Sounds fantastic! Had an older HK receiver, glad I bought Harmon Karden again. Easy hook-up, runs (2) sets of speakers and sounds great!
Date published: 2016-07-22
Rated 1 out of 5 by BrandonP from Avoid Aside from the fact that the "Speaker 2" (aka A/B) did not work out of the box (Fry's was cool about the return, even with a lost receipt)....I was disappointed in the cheap quality and feel of the controls; the "iOS compatibility" feature only works through USB cable, not wirelessly; and beware of the power output: model 3700 advertises 170 watts, but it is 85 watts/channnel, whereas the 3770 advertises only 120 watts but it is 120 watts/channel (i.e., more powerful, despite the inconsistent labeling). I could have lived with the lower power and simply added a bluetooth adapter, assuming both A/B channels worked....but I decided not to replace it with a working HK 3700 or 3770 because the quality was so poor. I expected better from Harman Kardon.
Date published: 2016-12-30
where is the serial number located on the receiver?
Hello! The serial number can be seen on a white sticker at the back of your receiver.
Date published: 2018-07-11
Do you need to connect with an equalizer to get get a quality sound?
Hi! No, you wouldn't be needing an equalizer to get the best audio output since the Stereo receiver is also an amplifier. It will amplify all audio signals from the source going into the speakers.
Date published: 2018-07-06
Can I use wireless speakers with the HK 3700? How do it hook them up?
Hi! Yes you can connect wireless speakers to the HK 3700 using a Bluetooth transmitter and receiver. Installing them will depend on the Bluetooth transmitter/receiver you will be using.
Date published: 2018-07-05
Kann man ein Paar Nubert nuLine 84 mit dem HK 3700 betreiben. Diese LS haben zwar 4Ohm Nennimpedanz, aber Nubert nimmt es sehr genau mit der DIN- und IEC- Normen für Lautsprecher und sie fallen nie unter 3,2Ohm im Min. 8Ohm kann auch unter 3Ohm fallen.
Hallo, wir würden nicht empfehlen die Lautsprecher mit dem HK 3700 zu betreiben, da es zu Defekten kommen kann, wenn Sie 4 Ohm Lautsprecher mit 8 Ohm Kanälen betreiben.
Date published: 2018-04-30
I have a hk880 Vxi stereo receiver with a HD7500 CD player with Klipsch R-15M speakers. Can I replace the hk880 Vxi with the hk3700? The balance knob no longer works and only sends sound to one speaker.
I have a ledhk3700 home imaging system cinema projector model ledhk3700 i need a amp to help it out
Date published: 2018-04-13
l'ampli HK 3700 est-il compatible avec une platine Thorens Td 166 mk II?
Bonjour, Le HK 3700 a une entrée phono pour les cartouches à aimant mobile normales, et les prises sont RCA-Phono. Si vous avez des fiches RCA-Phono sur votre Thorens, vous pouvez le connecter sans problème. Votre choix de cartouche détermine si vous pouvez jouer de la musique immédiatement, ou si vous avez besoin d'un autre ampli-tuner MC. Si vous avez un doute, demandez au vendeur ou au fabricant de votre cartouche.
Date published: 2018-03-06
Will this support a USB turntable?
It has both a USB input in front and phono input in back. It will support your USB turntable.
Date published: 2018-02-22
After reloading HK 3700 firmware it is frozen at FM display. No remote or panel buttons do anything. Is there a way to factory reset/ re-push firmware using panel keys or PC?
Yes we can perform a firmware reset by unplugging the receiver for 3 mins and plug it back in. Turn on the receiver and place it to STANDBY mode, press and hold the front-panel “Tune mode” button for at least 6 seconds until the RESET message appears on the front-panel Message Display. If the issue still persists, we would like to work with you directly to help you with your issue. Please submit a case request at https://www.harmanaudio.com/support-contact.html and the Customer Service Team will be more than happy to assist you.
Date published: 2018-02-21
Search Result For ""