HKTS 16Details https://uk.harmanaudio.com/harman-kardon/HKTS+16.html
Item# HKTS 16
Additional InformationThe Harman Kardon HKTS 16 system is a complete 5.1-channel speaker package that takes all the guesswork out of the home theatre equation, surrounding you with the captivating, all-encompassing sound that you associate with your favourite cineplex. With dual midrange centre and satellite speakers that are engineered for optimal performance, and a down-firing, 200-watt powered subwoofer that adds serious bass punch, the HKTS 16 package delivers over-the-top Hollywood excitement movie after movie, year after year.
Getting great movie sound at home can be as complicated as you choose to make it – or as simple as Harman Kardon engineers have proven it can be.
At a Glance:
Complete 5.1-channel home theater surround-sound system
Voice-matched, two-way, 120W satellite speakers
Powerful, down-firing, 200W subwoofer
Stunning modern design
Bass-boost controls and phase switches for subwoofer
Magnetically shielded loudspeaker components
LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector
Compatible with HTFS 2 floor stands
Upgradable to 7.1 channels
Harman/Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
What's in the box:
4 SAT-TS11satellite speakers for front left/right and surround left/right channels
1 CEN-TS11 center-channel speaker
1 HKTS210SUB powered subwoofer
4 wall-mount brackets for satellite speakers
1 wall-mount bracket for center-channel speaker
1 20' (6m) combination LFE and trigger cable for connection to subwoofer
3 20' (6m) color-coded speaker cables for center speakers and front satellites
2 40' (12m) color-coded speaker cables for rear satellites
- Complete 5.1-channel home theater surround-sound system
- As a complete home theater package, the HKTS 16BQ/WQ has everything you need – including satellite bases, wall-mounting hardware and all necessary cables – in one box. And by including removable shelf-mount stands and wall-mount brackets for the satellite and center speakers, the system offers you great flexibility for installing the speakers in different locations.
- Voice-matched, two-way, 120W satellite speakers
- The HKTS 16BQ/WQ system’s five voice-matched satellite speakers with dual 3-inch (75-millimeter) midrange drivers and 1/2-inch (13 millimeter) high-frequency tweeters are engineered to work together to produce a rich, realistic, all-encompassing sonic performance with convincing sound effects. You can even place these video-shielded speakers near your TV without causing magnetic interference.
- Powerful, down-firing, 200W subwoofer
- The HKTS 16BQ/WQ’s 200-watt down-firing subwoofer with an 8-inch (200-millimeter) driver offers deep, authoritative low-frequency realism that lends a richness and believability to whatever imagery you’re seeing on screen – while remaining surprisingly unimposing off screen. While viewing an action film, you hear every crash, bang and boom the soundtrack has to offer.
- Stunning modern design
- The HKTS 16BQ/WQ system represents a décor-friendly complement to any entertainment center or home theater. Its contemporary styling incorporates glossy, black (BQ) or white (WQ) accents, polished surfaces and elegant symmetry – elements that are clearly part of the rich Harman Kardon® design heritage. The system’s compact, unobtrusive dimensions offer virtually unlimited installation options.
- Bass-boost controls and phase switches for subwoofer
- Controls on the HKTS 16BQ/WQ’s 200-watt subwoofer let you fine-tune its bass output for your personal taste and room acoustics. Bass-boost and phase switches also allow you to optimize the subwoofer’s performance, depending upon where you place the speakers. A subwoofer properly in phase with the satellite speakers generates clear, and lifelike sounds for instruments such as drums, piano and plucked strings.
- Magnetically shielded loudspeaker components
- Unshielded loudspeaker components can upset the magnetic field in a conventional TV, resulting in visible color shifts and possible long-term damage. But the HKTS 16BQ/WQ’s magnetically shielded loudspeaker components can deliver high-quality, high-performance results even when you place them near a TV.
- LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector
- The HKTS 16BQ/WQ includes an LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector that bypasses the subwoofer’s internal, low-pass crossover. As a result, you can use a receiver/processor’s dedicated subwoofer output to provide enhanced low-end performance.
- Compatible with HTFS 2 floor stands
- If wall-mounting is not your preferred method of installation, the optional HTFS 2 floor stands (sold separately) set the HKTS 16BQ/WQ satellite speakers at the ideal, ear-level listening position. The aluminum-extrusion columns, which also include a self-contained wire-management system, will elegantly complementing virtually any décor.
- Upgradable to 7.1 channels
- If you want to move beyond the all-encompassing power of this 5.1-channel surround-sound system, you can easily add a pair of front-height or rear-channel surround loudspeakers – and hence unleash the 7.1-channel capability of your HKTS 16BQ/WQ system. The 7.1 surround-sound format elevates the impact of your entertainment experience with a richer, more thorough soundstage.
- Energy-saving features
- To adhere to European guidelines, the HKTS 16BQ/WQ system uses low standby-power consumption – less than 1 watt – and includes a number of energy-efficient features. For example, an auto-power on/off function automatically controls the subwoofer in response to a relayed voltage or an audio input signal. (If the subwoofer receives no audio signal for 15 minutes, the subwoofer automatically shuts off.) By meeting such “green” standards, this speaker system keeps sound quality high – and your power bill low.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Frequency Response
- 45Hz – 20kHz (-6dB)
- Subwoofer Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 200 watts RMS
- Satellite Sensitivity
- 86dB @ 1 watt/1 meter
- Frequency Response
- 45Hz – 20kHz (-6dB)
- Speaker Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 10 ~ 120 watts
- Satellite Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms nominal
- Speaker Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms nominal
- Speaker Sensitivity
- 86dB @ 1 watt/1 meter
- Satellite Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 10 ~ 120 watts
- Subwoofer Power Requirement
- AC 100–120V, 50/60 Hz, 200W (USA) AC 220–240V, 50/60 Hz, 200W (EU)
- Subwoofer External Trigger Input Voltage
- 3 ~ 30 volts AC/DC
- Subwoofer Woofer
- 8" (200mm) woofer, sealed enclosure
- Speaker Tweeter
- One 3/4" (19mm) dome, video-shielded
- Satellite Width (mm)
- Subwoofer Width (in)
- Speaker Weight (kg)
- Satellite Weight (lb)
- Satelitte Depth (mm)
- Satellite Width (in)
- Speaker Depth (in)
- Subwoofer Width (mm)
- Subwoofer Height (mm)
- Subwoofer Weight (kg)
- Subwoofer Depth (mm)
- Speaker Width (in)
- Speaker Height (in)
- Subwoofer Depth (in)
- Satellite Depth (in)
- Subwoofer Weight (lb)
- Satellite Height (mm)
- Satellite Height (in)
- Speaker Height (mm)
- Speaker Depth (mm)
- Subwoofer Height (in)
- Speaker Width (mm)
- Satellite Weight (kg)
Satellite Speaker Specifications:
- Satellite Midrange Transducer
- Dual 3" (75mm) drivers, video-shielded
HKTS 16 is rated out of 5 by 115.
Rated 5 out of 5 by PeterK from At the sale price... a TOTAL bargin Wonderfully sized sub-woofer and satellite speaker. Total overkill for my condo but the sound quality thru my HK AVR is excellent. Had a high-end sound bar before but found myself playing it overly loud hear all the subtle sounds. w/ this setup, I play at lower level but hear all the channels clearly and in "3D". Speakers are big enough to fill out the full range of sound without lokking like huge briakc in the condo. After 3 sound bars and one other system (speaker sounded great but looked huge in my small space), I've stopped trying to find a find a system I'm satisfied w/... love this setup (HKTS16+HK1610S AVR)
Date published: 2017-05-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cool4U from Everything I hoped it would be! I have these matched with a Yamaha RX-V375. Prior to these I had some Sony speakers that had come with an "all-in-one" home theater box. Overall sound was ok but there was a lot of, "what did he say?" & "Did you catch that?". But the final straw came on Sunday's. I couldn't hear the commentary when watching football. Not without blasting the volume really loud. And then the surround was louder than being in the stadium! Installed these and, problem solved! Voices are clear, front and center and everything else ticked up a couple of notches as well. I couldn't be happier and would certainly recommend them to anyone.
Date published: 2015-12-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nirmal from Superior design and great sound! Got these speakers in the Thanksgiving sale! They were shipped promptly. The best part is the design as with any Harman Kardon. The speakers and subwoofers are premium looking so they enhance your living room ambience (having seen other non HK HT setup at my friend's place where speaker looked odd with their boxy shape in a living room). I am not an audiophile but an above average consumer when comes to sound quality. I am completely satisfied with the sound. I hooked it up to Onkyo NR646 receiver and it covered up my decent sized living room perfectly.
Date published: 2016-12-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by JohnnyC from Speakers packaged well, system sounds fantastic! The whole system was packaged extremely well and thank God because UPS mishandled it and there was a gash on the side of the box when it was delivered. Luckily nothing was damaged inside. Speakers was easy to install for me because I have large pieces of furniture to place them on hidden and on our new TV stand, so no mounting necessary for me. Paired extremely well with my Sony AV 5.1 receiver and the system setup was simple thanks to Sony's easy setup. Got them on saler on harmonkardon.com so it made it an excellent value! Highly recommend this S16 home theatre system for power, clarity and high quality sound on all levels with good connectivity to any AV receiver. Truly amazing but then again it's Harmon Kardon. Thank you. Regards, Johnny
Date published: 2016-12-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Beau from First Surround Sound and Very Satisfied Great speaker and sub. When I first bought this I didn't know what to expect but when I hooked everything up, it was amazing. The bass was amazing and the sound was crisp. I paired this up with a yamaha RX-V375 and the combination is great. I had this for about 7 months now and I cannot find one thing wrong about this system. If you are new to surround sound like me, get it. You won't regret it.
Date published: 2015-05-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marlot758 from Good Design and sound I bought this a couple of weeks ago. Pretty satified with the way it looks and it sounds pretty good.
Date published: 2017-02-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by Z Money from Great Sound Great Quality Speakers Looks Nice Too Bought this package a few months ago and hooked it up with my brother. Sounds and looks great in my basement and completes my man cave. Harman Kardon all the way.
Date published: 2016-08-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sanjo041 from Great Bought it and added a denon avr bt10 entry level receiver
Date published: 2017-07-11
HKTS 16 System gekauft und leider auch nach dem einschalten ein äußerst nerviges fiepen/piepen aus dem Subwoofer, allerdings nur wenn LFE eingeschaltet ist, da ich den Subwoofer mit dem LFE Kabel am AVR 171 S angeschlossen habe gibt es eine Lösung ???
Sie können die Antwort zu Ihrer Frage vielleicht auch in unserem Produkt Support FAQ und den Knowledge Base Sektionen finden. Das Link finden Sie oben auf dieser Seite. Um einen Supportfall anzulegen, füllen Sie bitte das Formular Contact Us an derselben Stelle aus.
Date published: 2017-11-03
Hallo, ich habe den Subwoofer HKTS210SUB/230 am 3.November 2014 gekauft. Eigentlich wenig benützt und jetzt blinkt nur noch die weiße Led. Es kommt kein Ton mehr raus.
Hallo! Ich werde Ihnen über unseren Kundenservice schreiben, damit ich Ihnen weiterhelfen kann. Grüße!
Date published: 2017-11-06
Bonjour,est t'il possible de le connecter avec le HK 3700
Bonjour, Vous pouvez peut-être trouver la réponse à votre question sur notre page de support produit et notre base de connaissance. Le lien est situé en haut de cette page. Pour ouvrir un dossier avec le support clientèle, veuillez remplir le fichier Contactez-nous au même endroit.
Date published: 2017-10-30
Hi I bought the same with AVR 161s but wondering why the subwoofer is fully closed (Sealed) with no hole ventilation as I used to see, is it engineered this way and why please. Thanks
Unlike conventional front-firing drivers, the HKTS200SUB subwoofer interacts with the floor rather than nearby walls for improved bass quality.
Date published: 2017-10-26
Bonjour est ce que ses un système surround
Bonjour, Nous vous remercions de votre message. Le système n'est pas par défaut surround. Il vous faut en effet connecter les enceintes sur un ampli disposant de canaux surround. Le HKTS 16 dispose de quatre haut-parleurs satellites, d'un central et d'un caisson de basse.
Date published: 2017-10-27
Will this work in Onkyo TX-SR373 5.1 Channel A/V Receiver? What is the best HK receiver that will best drive this speakers?
Hi! Generally speaking, the HKTS 16 system should work with any receiver. The rating of the satellite and the center speakers are 8 ohms, and most of the home audio equipment are rated to be able to power 6 - 8 ohms speakers. So they should work just fine.
Date published: 2017-10-19
I have a Harman kardon avr171s/230 . Is this this speakers capatable & what is total kg .i wanna take to my country.
The AVR 171 is compatible with the HKTS as the AVR can drive 100W per channel at 6/8 ohms while the HKTS can handle 120W at 8 ohms. The total weight of the HKTS16 is 15kg .
Date published: 2017-10-17
Is compatible HKTS 16 with receiver Yamaha RX-V775?
Yes, The HKTS 16 is compatible with the Yamaha RX-v775 since the HKTS 16 can handle 120W at 8ohms while the Yamaha Rx-V775 can drive 95W per channel at 8 ohms. Which means you can use the HKTS 16 with the Yamaha receiver.
Date published: 2017-10-17
Search Result For ""