SoundSticks IIIDetails https://uk.harmanaudio.com/harman-kardon/SOUNDSTICKS+III.html
Item# SOUNDSTICKS III
Additional InformationIs it possible to improve what’s already perfect? Praised for its stunning design at the MOMA in New York, the original SoundSticks® system has become another Harman Kardon® design landmark. SoundSticks III is all that and even more. A 6-inch, 20-watt downward-firing powered subwoofer. Eight 1-inch full-range transducers. Plug-and-play compatibility with virtually any multimedia device. And stunning industrial design that perfectly matches the clarity of the sound. The Harman Kardon SoundSticks III desktop sound system brings a new level of excitement to music, games and movies with a minimum of wiring – and looks spectacular doing it.
Incredible industrial design, compatible with all devices with a stereo mini jack output, realistic, room-filling sound and outstanding, bass performance, touch-volume and mute controls, subwoofer volume control, angle-adjustable satellites. “Harman Kardon’s Soundsticks are so well designed that they have permanent residence in the Museum of Modern Art in New York City.” Squaremile , October 2010
At a Glance:
Inspiring industrial design.
Realistic, room-filling sound.
Connect to virtually any media device.
Touch controls for volume and mute.
Down-firing subwoofer with volume control.
Fill the room with eight full-range transducers.
Control the angle of your satellite speakers.
Modern design with black accents.
Detachable audio cables keep you connected.
Attractive, high-quality audio cables.
A sound plan for energy-efficiency
What's in the box:
2 SoundSticks III Speakers
1 Owner's Manual
- Inspiring industrial design.
- Few multimedia sound systems can boast that their predecessor was part of the permanent collection at New York City’s Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), but that’s exactly the claim the SoundSticks III speaker system can make. Taking its older sibling’s celebrated design even further, the SoundSticks III look is cutting-edge with a modern industrial design aesthetic, elegant black accents and a luminescent white LED glow. And though the SoundSticks III system may look like a visitor from the future with its transparent speaker covers, its exceptional performance makes it a more-than-worthy encore to its pop-culture predecessor.
- Realistic, room-filling sound and outstanding bass performance.
- Technically, the SoundSticks III system is “multimedia,” but once you hear it perform, you’ll realize it could easily become your primary audio system. With 40 watts of amplification producing rich, realistic sound, SoundSticks III offers strong bass output that makes all your music sound great – no matter where the audio is coming from. And with down-firing subwoofer amplifiers matched to the individual speakers, you can rest assured that each speaker will get exactly what it needs to deliver a consistent, optimal performance.
- Connect to virtually any media device.
- Other than its stunning good looks, the SoundSticks III system offers excellent compatibility with other audio components. Thanks to its 3.5mm stereo audio connection, SoundSticks III speakers can be used with MP3 players, portable CD players, computers and almost anything with stereo line-level outputs. By offering you this user-friendly option, SoundSticks III becomes a nimble addition to your desktop, bookshelf or entertainment center, keeping your life simple with a maximum of connection options – and a bare minimum of wiring.
- Touch controls for volume and mute.
- The SoundSticks III system makes it easy for you to interact with your subwoofer and “sticks,” offering sensitive touch controls for raising, lowering or muting the system volume. By responding to the gentle touch of your fingertip, this intuitive design feature makes your SoundSticks III system easy to operate, and keeps this work of audio “art” in the best possible condition.
- Down-firing subwoofer with volume control.
- In addition to 40 watts of amplification, the SoundSticks III system also features a six-inch down-firing subwoofer with volume control. By aiming sound down instead of at surrounding walls, your subwoofer makes your system less susceptible to adverse room variables – giving you a consistent performance. The subwoofer also has a flared port that reduces port noise during high-volume passages. This feature helps you tailor sound levels based on your room’s specifications as well as your own listening preferences.
- Fill the room with eight full-range transducers.
- The harman kardon brand has a rich history of engineering sound with highly regarded results. The SoundSticks III system is no different, coming with eight full-range transducers (four in each speaker) and deftly filling your room with great sound, while increasing your power handling and audio output. With less distortion and better sound quality, SoundSticks III speakers ensure that you’ll hear music or video exactly the way the composer intended.
- Control the angle of your satellite speakers.
- Elegant and easy to use, SoundSticks III satellite speakers are designed to fit exactly where you want them – and maybe even in a few other places. As a modern design feature that’s adaptable to your environment, the SoundSticks III system has two angle-adjustable satellite speakers that bend from low angle to high. Gently push or pull each satellite to the desired position – and you can optimize the angle at which sound enters, and fills, the room around you.
- Modern design with black accents.
- The SoundSticks series is a colorful landmark in harman kardon design history – and one such color you’re bound to notice on SoundSticks III speakers is: black. Designed to match perfectly with other design-driven industry heavyweights such as the Apple iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro and even the iPad, the SoundSticks III system integrates several black accents into its transparent design that make it an ideal complement for computers of all shapes and sizes. Some of these accents include black connection beads, which elegantly adorn the interior of each satellite speaker, a new black ring inside the subwoofer and a new ice-white LED in the subwoofer, giving all the black accents a classy glow. As a suitable complement to the previously mentioned products as well as other electronic staples such as DVD and Blu-ray Disc players, SoundSticks III speakers have no shortage of design aesthetics to help them stand out from the rest.
- Detachable audio cables keep you connected.
- Form meets function meets flexibility: That’s one of the key principles behind the SoundSticks III design. And whether you have a desktop computer or a laptop, the SoundSticks III system works and plays well with others thanks to detachable audio cables, which you can easily replace if they happen to get damaged. In addition, this flexible feature also gives you the freedom to use the SoundSticks III system with other types of input cables (not included) – ideal for connecting to a games console, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, TV or any other device that has an analog output.
- Attractive, high-quality audio cables.
- Some manufacturers make audio cables a bare-minimum expense, which can compromise the integrity of an audio product and, potentially, the look of it. The SoundSticks III system does no such thing. SoundSticks III audio cables match the high-quality, transparent modern design of the speakers in terms of quality and visual appeal – and live just underneath the transparent speaker covers as if being showcased. Kept in place by black connection beads, these premium audio cables ensure that audio travels from source to speaker, without any sign of degradation or outside interference.
Manuals & Downloads:
- full-range transducers
- four x 1 inch per channe
- amplifier output power
- 10W RMS per channel
- Subwoofer Height (in)
- Subwoofer Width (in)
- Subwoofer Transducers
- (1): 6” woofer
- Subwoofer Height (mm)
- Subwoofer Width (mm)
- Satellite Height (in)
- Satellite Height (mm)
- Satellite Transducers
- Satellite Width (mm)
- Satellite Width (in)
- Satellite Height
- 10" (254mm)
- Satellite Width
- 2" (51mm)
- Satellite Weight
- 1.5 lb (0.7kg)
- Subwoofer Height
- 10-13/16" (258mm)
- Subwoofer Width
- 9-3/16" (232mm)
- Subwoofer Weight
- 4 lb (2.2kg)
Satellite Speaker Specifications:
- Satellite Height (in)
- Satellite Height (mm)
- Satellite Transducers
- (4): 1” full-range per channel
- Satellite Width (mm)
- Satellite Width (in)
SoundSticks III is rated out of 5 by 257.
Rated 5 out of 5 by marsupialman from Punchier than boxer Punchy McPunch I have a hugely expensive hifi in my sitting room. These Soundsticks aren't going to match that - they're a tenth of the price - but for some types of music, they're remarkably brilliant. Anything with compressed bass is wonderful: try playing something by producer Paul Oakenfold. Treble can be a bit harsh but I've had them for less than two weeks so they'll probably bed in. Ideal if you listen to a lot of dance music; less good for complex Trevor Horn-produced stuff or classical. As desktop speakers, they're a revelation. Tip: buy 'returns' direct from Harmon: very cheap and the ones I bought had clearly never even been unpacked.
Date published: 2017-10-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by l3ronzy from Great sound, good price. Great value at the re-furbished price. Although now they can be had new for only £20 more I would probably go with that option. These replaced much larger and more expensive monitor speakers at my computer desk, due to being limited on space now. They sound fantastic, very crisp and clear and the sub integrates nicely . I bought the re-furbished pair because at the time they were substantially cheaper than new, as far as I can tell they have no flaws or blemishes so I'm very happy with the purchase. I like that they turn themselves off when there is no input. However connectivity is very basic, I would have liked another input or two and control over the bass from above my desk. Overall very happy.
Date published: 2017-09-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Furion from Awesomeness and style I have two soundstick III speaker systems, one attached to my pic the other to bedroom tv, the sound is awesome, clear precise rich & loud sound, the subwoofer bass is adjustable to get the sound just right, to top it off the system looks amazing and is always a talking point, most people are envious by the time they leave after having heard what the speakers sound like, fantastic price cheaper than anywhere else I have found with quick delivery. You will not get better speakers of this type from any other manufacturer that I am aware of, best money I have spent , thank you HK for this awesome system.
Date published: 2017-08-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by Osiris117 from College tested My parents had an earlier version of the Soundsticks through my childhood and I had always loved their looks and sound, so when it came time I bought my own new set for college. It's been over a year now and they've performed remarkably. Even after of high usage with new party music at high volume they still work as they did the day i took them out of the box. they don't blow out, the base is fantastic, they look great (most people don't even realize they're speakers at first) and with a price tag under $200, they can't be beat.
Date published: 2015-10-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jon Drummond from Just. Buy. One!... Good build quality, exciting design but above all great sound capabilities. Ideal for all types of music due to its' dynamic range, complementing movies and gaming too. The bass it punches out is impressive filling not just your working space but the whole room. Even beats many more expensive TV sound-bars I've heard. With Harman Kardon/JBL kit in the car I knew I was not going to be disappointed; easy to set-up, user friendly controls and great looks... and that superb sound again.
Date published: 2017-10-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Automan915 from I've had mine for 17 Years:) To the best of my knowledge, I bought my set of sound sticks in the year 2000. These have lasted near decades worth of use. They sound great and I want another set. The ones I have are USB only. Surprisingly the still work on the latest Mac OS. This is the only reason for me needing to purchase another set.. Mine will end up at moms:)
Date published: 2017-09-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by D Boy from The bass is what I was after, and these deliver. When I first hooked them up, I had a hard time figuring out how to boost the volume. It took me a while before I realized the right satellite driver has a touch sensitive volume control. Otherwise these things are pretty powerful and look cool. Perfect desktop speakers for whatever you need them for.
Date published: 2016-04-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Oberst Recht from Superlative. Highest recommendations Wife got me this for as present. Used professional monitor speakers (DAW) and Logitechs (no complaints). Huge classical music fan and professional violinist. Composition dabbler. Superb sound- very warm timbre, crisp, truly room enveloping- not overwhelmed by complex symphonic polyphony. Highest recommendations.
Date published: 2016-06-06
Beste, Mijn soundstick systeem valt constant uit (of valt in stand-by modus). Ookal kijk ik gewoon naar youtube filmpjes. Het valt uit als ik op een ander filmpje klik of zelfs tijdens een filmpje van enkele minuten.
Goedemorgen Ik denk dat dit te maken heeft met het volume. Ik wil je aanraden om het volume op je computer ( of ander apparaat waar je de SoundSticks op aansluit ) op maximaal te zetten. Hierna kan je met de volumeregeling op de SoundSticks zelf het volume aanpassen. Als het volume van een bronapparaat niet hoog genoeg staat, dan registreert de SoundSticks het actieve signaal niet, en zal vanwege de stroombesparing Stand-by gaan.
Date published: 2018-01-09
would these work with irig 2 hd.? I have the first generation one and it is not compatible.
Hi Since the iRig HD2 has a 3.5mm Headphone output, you should be able to use that together with the SoundSticks III, as this connects to any other 3.5mm ( headphones/AUX ) output.
Date published: 2017-12-28
Is there a y type cable that can connect these to an audio interface (toneport ux1) ? I've just purchased these SoundSticks on Black Friday ,and don't want to buy studio monitors. Thanks
Hi. The input on Soundsticks III is a normal stereo 3.5 mm jack socket. You can convert this jack to any other plug with an adapter cable. The most common one would be a cable with two RCA-phono sockets at the other end, and a 3.5 mm stereo jack to go into the socket on the Soundsticks. As long as signal is at normal line-level (a max of about 2V), all should work fine. Please note that you have an automatic shut-off function in the SSIII. If no audio is processed, or no button pressed, for about 10 minutes, the system goes into standby. Since the audio sensor has a trigger level, very low signals may also be too low to keep the system ON. The rule of thumb is to keep input signals at their maximum, then regulate listening volume on the SSIII touch panels on the right stick.
Date published: 2017-12-28
Moet deze ook in het stopcontact? En wat voor snoeren zitten erbij?
Goedemorgen, Ja, de HK Soundsticks III moeten aan het lichtnet worden aangesloten, deze heeft geen batterij. Je krijgt een standaard stroomvoorziening, de kabels om de satellietspeakers te verbinden met de subwoofer, en een standaard 3.5mm AUX kabel, zodat je de HK Soundsticks III aan je PC/Laptop of ander apparaat kan aansluiten. Mocht je nog andere vragen hebben, dan staat onze klantenservice klaar om je daarbij te helpen. Neem gerust contact met ons op.
Date published: 2017-12-20
where can I get another set up manual? I have the sound stick that can be adjusted for volume and don't know where to "plug it in".
Hi! The manual of the Soundsticks 3 is downloadable at http://www.harmankardon.com/computer-speakers/SOUNDSTICKS+III.html. Click on Specs & Support, and click on Manuals & Downloads. The manual will be located there.
Date published: 2017-12-19
Hello, Can you tell me if these speakers come with connecting cables to use with my turntable. Many Thanks
Hi The Soundsticks 3 only have a 3.5mm AUX jack, so you will probably need a dedicated PHONO pre-amplifier, to be able to connect the Soundsticks directly to your turntable Please contact our Customer Support for more information.
Date published: 2017-12-18
Do the recertified Soundsticks III come with a two year warranty?
Hi All recertified/refurbished products, as you find them in our Outlet, carry the same warranty and return right, as new products bought from our webshop. Products sold in the UK carry 2 years warranty.
Date published: 2017-12-18
Bonjour, Peux-t on le brancher à une télévision ? cordialement
Bonjour, Merci pour votre commentaire. Oui, bien sûr.
Date published: 2017-12-03
Search Result For ""