Additional InformationLooking to put some bump in your trunk, JBL's preloaded Subwoofer enclosures will put you up front and center for the ultimate live performance.
Dual 12"" (300mm) Preloaded Ported Enclosure With Slipstream Port.
At a Glance:
25 – 1600 watts suggested amplifier range
Slipstream bass port
Vented motor assembly to dissipate heat
Progressive spider for better control
The JBL legacy of sound
What's in the Box:
1 x GT5 2402BR 2 x 12" Subwoofer in ported box
- 25 – 1,600 watts suggested amplifier range
- There is no substitute for the deep, visceral excitement that serious bass adds to car audio. The GT5-2402BR preloaded subwoofer enclosure has more than enough muscle to heighten the impact of any listening experience. With a power-handling rating of 550 watts RMS and 1,600 watts peak, it has all the muscle you’ll need. We recommend that you power it with an amplifier or head unit that offers between 25 and 1600 watts.
- Slipstream bass port
- Bass ports reduce distortion by venting the pressure that the normal movement of the woofer cone builds up inside a subwoofer enclosure. The flared shape of the GT5-2402BR’s Slipstream port vents this pressure more effectively than standard cylindrical ports – and allows for increased bass output without chuffing or distortion.
- Vented motor assembly to dissipate heat
- Excessive heat can build up in a loudspeaker system with extended use, causing a kind of distortion called power compression. But you won’t hear it in the GT5-2402BR. Its motor assembly is vented to disperse heat and reduce power compression.
- Progressive spider for better control
- Each GT5 enclosure – including the GT5-2402BR – features a progressive spider, which offers better control at the excursion limits than the linear spider that our competitors have commonly used. The progressive spider also reduces distortion at high output levels.
- The JBL legacy of sound
- The GT5-2042BR proudly carries on a rich legacy of spectacular sound. JBL systems have a sterling reputation in car audio: Since 1996, Toyota® vehicles have rolled off the assembly line bearing JBL systems. The GT5-2402BR uses materials and technologies available only on JBL audio – materials and technologies that audiophiles revere.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Enclosure Type
- Bass-reflex, with Slipstream port
- Nominal Impedance
- (2.83V/1m) 95dB
- Peak Power
- Power Handling (RMS)
- Frequency Response
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Height (in)
- Width (in)
- Depth (in)
- Depth (mm)
- Height (mm)
- Voice Coil
- 2" (51mm) diameter
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Two 12" (300mm) Polypropylene cones
- Connector Type
- Gold-plated binding post
GT5-2402BR is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bradly63 from Very pleased!! I bought this around 2 weeks ago and paired it with a Cadeance 1000id amp. I knew the subs would be good because all my experience so far with jbl had been fairly good but I didn't know they would be this good. There super durable and hit crazy hard and for a rock enthusiast I got exactly what I wanted. You can feel every thump and they get crazy loud!! So overall they are 100% worth the money!
Date published: 2017-06-08
Rated 3 out of 5 by jjb95621 from cool cool it works as advertized. man i hate the minimum number of characters requirement [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Date published: 2017-04-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by Maise28 from Great shipping and product Shipping came in fast. The way it was packed was very smart and great since my order was heavy. No complaints.
Date published: 2017-01-17
Will this fit in a 2007 chevy cobalt?
Passt der Subwoofer in einen Fiat Grande Punto 1.4; Baujahr 2008; 57kw? Und welche Endstufe kann man empfehlen?
Search Result For ""