Additional InformationJBL GTO 609C component speaker handles 270 watts peak power (75 watts RMS). This much power makes for an ideal match to systems powered with head-unit or factory-amplifier power levels. Even better, the speaker matches many of the GTO Series amplifier combinations. As a result, it can keep up with systems that feature one or more subwoofers and satisfy high-fidelity audiophile listeners. And its great power-handling specifications also increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker.
Two-way, 6-1/2" (165mm) car audio component system
At a Glance:
25 – 270 watts suggested amplifier power range
Patented Plus One woofer-cone technology
Fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) frames
Three-ohm voice coils
Vented magnet assemblies
Frequency response up to 21kHz
High sensitivity (92dB@2.83V/1m)
Edge-driven, soft-dome tweeter diaphragms
12dB/octave passive crossovers
Speaker grilles and tweeter-mounting hardware
Industry-leading product development and evaluation standards
What's in the Box:
1 pair of speakers
1 pair of speaker grilles
1 pair of tweeters
Tweeter surface mount cups
Tweeter angle mount cups
Tweeter mounting screws
- 25 – 270 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers designed the GTO 609C component speaker to produce strong, clear sound from a head-unit or amplifier capable of delivering up to 270 watts of power. This makes the GTO 609C an ideal match to systems powered with head-unit or factory-amplifier power levels. Even better, the speaker matches many of the GTO Series amplifier combinations. As a result, it can keep up with systems that feature one or more subwoofers and satisfy high-fidelity audiophile listeners. And its great power-handling specifications also increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker.
- Patented Plus One woofer-cone technology
- The GTO 609C’s Plus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class. With an effective increase in cone area, the speaker radiates more air. Also, its carbon-injected cone material produces a lighter and stiffer cone. The result is a better low-frequency response and a greater ability to make those important musical notes that people often associate with larger speaker sizes.
- Fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) frames
- The fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) frames used in the GTO 609C’s 6-1/2-inch (160-millimetre) woofer/midrange drivers resist warping even when you mount them on uneven surfaces. Their nonmagnetic carbon composite helps to control the magnet’s energy and deliver it to the voice coil instead of wasting it as heat. What’s more, the plastic doesn’t resonate. The result of this control is accurate sound in your car.
- Three-ohm voice coils
- Three-ohm voice coils in the JBL GTO 609C compensate for the added resistance by thin factory-installed speaker wiring. They also provide more output than factory-installed speakers of the same class.
- Vented magnet assemblies
- The JBL GTO 609C speakers feature vented magnet assemblies on the woofer/midrange driver to help cool the voice coil. Keeping the voice coil cool adds to increased reliability from greater power handling and helps eliminate power compression that can distort the speakers’ sound.
- Frequency response up to 21kHz
- A wide frequency response that extends beyond 20kHz helps compensate for speaker-placement variations in your car and for human hearing deficiencies in the high-frequency spectrum above 15kHz. The result is that the JBL GTO 609C’s 3/4-inch (19-millimetre) component tweeters deliver the full-range frequency response that you associate with great sound.
- High sensitivity (92dB@2.83V/1m)
- High sensitivity allows a wide range of power to provide great sound without overdriving the audio system. With a sensitivity of 92 decibels at 2.83 volts/1 metre, the JBL GTO 609C speaker achieves excellent volume and musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. That means better overall performance with moderate power driving the speaker. And better performance makes the speakers an ideal replacement for factory speakers as well as for any aftermarket speaker installation.
- Edge-driven, soft-dome tweeter diaphragms
- The edge-driven, soft-dome-tweeter design in the JBL GTO 609C’s 3/4-inch (19-millimetre) component tweeter increases power handling while reducing high-frequency distortion. Edge-driven tweeters also have better dispersion characteristics and allow a lower crossover frequency, which improves imaging. The result is better vocals and clarity in your music. There’s no sense having it loud if it doesn’t sound clean, too.
- 12dB/octave passive crossovers
- A dedicated 12-decibel/octave passive crossover network in the component sets increases power handling and musical clarity in the JBL GTO 609C two-way component speakers. It provides protection for the tweeter and contoured filtering at the crossover point between the woofer and tweeter.
- Speaker grilles and tweeter-mounting hardware
- The JBL GTO 609C two-way component speakers include attractive black-metal mesh grilles to protect the speakers whenever they’re mounted in a location requiring a grille. In addition, the tweeters have the patented I-Mount tweeter-mounting system that allows easy flush or surface mounting, giving you more installation options.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Nominal Impedance
- 3 ohms
- Power Handling (RMS)
- 5W - 200W
- Power Handling (Peak)
- (2.83V/1m) 92dB
- Frequency Response
- Mounting Depth Tweeter (in)
- External Diameter (in)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter Tweeter (in)
- Mounting Depth (in)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter Tweeter (mm)
- External Diameter (mm)
- Mounting Depth (mm)
- Mounting Depth Tweeter (mm)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (in)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (mm)
GTO609C is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ebo77 from Gto is quality I purchased 2 pair of these for one of my car has a excellent quality sound, then I purchased the same set up for my other car. I used to have the gti crossovers and these are so close to that quality, I am a electronic freak and I love jbl they do make great speakers, after all they been here for long time,
Date published: 2017-11-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by Royce from Excellent sound quality! Brilliant speakers! JBL done a good job. Best value for money!
Date published: 2016-05-01
Rated 4 out of 5 by an300 from Hyvää ääntä kohtuullisella hinnalla. Ääni on hyvä. Kaiuttimien laatu vaikuttaa asialliselta. Passiivijakosuodin on hankalan kokoinen, ja vaikea piilottaa kojelaudan sisään. En koittanut millainen ääni on ilman twiittereitä, mutta luulen sen olevan kohtuullinen niinkin. Itse ratkaisin ongelman ottamalla jakosuotimen kotelon pois. Kaiuttimista paljon ääntä vähäisellä vahvistinteholla! (impedanssi 3ohm)
Date published: 2017-05-24
Rated 2 out of 5 by 2006 Toyota Sequoia from Poor sound but at least it fits Installed these to replace broken stock units in a 2006 Toyota Sequoia. Had to fabricate a plate to make them fit, but these are one of the only <3 ohm units out there for a reasonably close match. Compared to stock units, these deliver deeper bass but far less detail (virtually none) and are boomy sounding. Not even close to sound quality of original units which is a disappointment. I expected much better sound.
Date published: 2018-06-26
Rated 3 out of 5 by OuterWorlds from Teurer Preis, Mittelmäßiger Klang eingebaut und schnell festgestellt, das die Audio Qualität genauso gut wie 20-30€ Lautsprecher sind. Daher war ich sehr enttäuscht. Preis-leistungsverhältnis Misserabel. Würde persönlich dafür nur 40-50€ ausgeben.
Date published: 2018-07-25
Rated 1 out of 5 by Bjorn92 from Oorpijn Ik heb deze set gekocht en sindsdien krijg ik oorpijn in de auto. Het geluid is schel en er zit totaal geen bas in. Het is dus een miskoop.
Date published: 2017-10-25
Buy 4 GTO609C for my Toyota Highlander 2017 and I would like you to recommend a good compact amplifier and help me to work at maximum thanks
As of the writing of this response, we highly recommend our JBL GTR-104 amp for your setup.
Date published: 2018-09-14
If I were to put this speaker in an enclosure, what would be the recommended air volume
Hi! We would like to work with you directly to help you with your issue. Please submit a case request at https://www.jbl.com/support-contact.html and the Customer Service Team will be more than happy to assist you.
Date published: 2018-09-05
If I were to use a sealed enclosure, is there a recommended internal volume?
No, we do not have a recommended internal volume. You can put the speaker in a box just big enough to hold the speaker, with an inch of space behind the magnet and it will sound great.
Date published: 2018-09-05
Ive the amp gto804ez. Can i use this speaker with amplifier GTO-804ez? Bcause the amp 2x4ohm
Yes, you can use the GTO-609C with the GTO-804EZ amp, and you can set it up as a 4-ohm speaker with it.
Date published: 2018-08-15
How well do these speakers work with a factory-installed 2 ohm head-end ? How much volume will be lost ?
The JBL GTO 609C can definitely work with your factory-installed 2 ohm head unit, however, you'll be roughly halving the power the amp can provide the speakers.
Date published: 2018-08-13
what fork size do the connections on the crossover take?.
Hi. The GTO609C crossover is not meant to be used with forks, but with bare wire ends, so we do not have any specs for what you are asking. You can see this in the owner's manual, in the drawing showing wiring of the 609 set.
Date published: 2018-08-07
hi, bought the jbl gto609c few months back and i'd like to know what is its crossover frequency.
Thank you for your question. The JBL GTO 609C has a crossover frequency of 3.5kHz @ 12dB/octave. If you have further inquiries, please submit a case request at https://www.harmanaudio.com/support-contact.html and the Customer Service Team will be more than happy to assist you.
Date published: 2018-05-01
hi, if i use this speaker, Which model's amp is right for you? my car is santafe dm 2017. but no amp type so if i use this speaker, i buy new amp. I wish you could suggest. I do not want to be expensive as a good product. i wnat use with GTO 629
Hi! Given the specifications of the speaker, what we can recommend is the Club 704 amplifier. It is a 4 channel car amplifier that has a Power Output, 70W RMS x 4 @ 4Ω, <1.0% THD+N
Date published: 2018-03-23
Search Result For ""