Additional InformationJBL GTO 939 speakers handle a robust 300 watts peak power (100 watts RMS). This much power makes for an ideal match to systems powered with head-unit or factory-amplifier power levels, or even with many of the GTO Series amplifier combinations to help keep up with systems that feature one or more subwoofers. And its great power-handling specifications also increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker.
A 6'' x 9'' (160mm x 230mm) three-way speaker with adjustable-level tweeter
At a Glance:
25 – 300 watts suggested amplifier power range
Patented Plus One woofer cone technology
Fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) frames
Three-ohm voice coils
Vented magnet assemblies
Frequency response to 21kHz
High sensitivity (94dB@2.83V/1m)
UniPivot and adjustable tweeter level
Edge-driven, soft-dome tweeter diaphragms
Industry leading product development and evaluation standards
What's in the Box:
1 pair of speakers
1 pair of speaker grilles
- 25 – 300 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers designed the GTO 939 speaker to produce strong, clear sound from a head-unit or amplifier capable of delivering up to 300 watts of power. This makes the GTO 939 an ideal match to systems powered with head-unit or factory-amplifier power levels, or even with many of the GTO Series amplifier combinations to help keep up with systems that feature one or more subwoofers. And its great power-handling specifications also increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker.
- Patented Plus One woofer-cone technology
- The GTO 939’s Plus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker cone area than others in the class. With an effective increase in cone area, the speaker radiates more air. Also, the carbon-injected cone material produces a lighter and stiffer cone. The result is a better low-frequency response and a greater ability to make those important musical notes that people often associate with larger speaker sizes.
- Carbon-Composite Non Magnetic Frame
- The Carbon-Composite non magnetic frame used in the GTO 939’s speakers resist warping even when you mount them on uneven surfaces. Their nonmagnetic carbon composite helps to control the magnet’s energy and deliver it to the voice instead of wasting it as heat. What’s more, the plastic doesn’t resonate. The result of this control is accurate sound in your car.
- True 4 Ohm Technology
- Low-Impedance, three ohm voice coils compensate for the undergauged speaker wiring found in many of today's cars, and make the most of every watt your amplifier or head unit can deliver.
- Vented magnet assemblies
- GTO 939 speakers feature vented magnet assemblies to help cool the voice coil. Keeping the voice coil cool adds to increased reliability from greater power handling and helps eliminate power compression that can distort the speakers’ sound.
- Frequency response to 21kHz
- A wide frequency response that extends beyond 20kHz helps to compensate for speaker-placement variations in your car and for human hearing deficiencies in the high-frequency spectrum above 15kHz. The result is that GTO 939 speakers deliver more of the full-range frequency response that you associate with great sound.
- High sensitivity (94dB@2.83V/1m)
- High sensitivity allows a wider range of power to provide great sound without overdriving the audio system. With a sensitivity of 94 decibels at 2.83 volts/1 meter, the GTO 939 speakers achieve excellent volume and musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. That means better performance overall, even with very moderate power driving them. And better performance makes the GTO 939 speakers an ideal replacement for factory speakers as well as for any aftermarket speaker installation.
- Adjustable tweeter level
- Easily adjust the tweeter output from 0 to +3 decibels to compensate for low and off-axis mounting positions or road noise.
- Edge-driven, soft-dome tweeter diaphragms
- The edge-driven, soft-dome tweeter design in the GTO 939 increases power handling while reducing high-frequency distortion. Edge-driven tweeters also have better dispersion characteristics and allow a lower crossover frequency, which improves imaging. The result is better vocals and clarity in your music. There’s no sense having it loud if it doesn’t sound clean, too.
- Industry-leading product development and evaluation standards
- JBL technicians specifically evaluate each GTO Series speaker model in the development stages for overall and vocal-range voicing, intermodulation distortion (IMD) and performance at the limits of electrical and mechanical design. We also test according to strict carmaker reliability standards, both in development and in final production. All of these details are virtually unique to JBL car speakers, as most competitors do not even come close to this level of detail and oversight.
Plus One® Technology
Plus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 6" x 9"
- Power Handling (RMS)
- (2.83V/1m) 94dB
- Frequency Response
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Nominal Impedance
- 3 ohms
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (in)
- Mounting Depth (in)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (mm)
- External Diameter (in)
- External Diameter (mm)
- Mounting Depth (mm)
Search Result For ""