Additional InformationHead’s are going to turn when they hear the sound that pumps through the JBL GX Series speakers. But get in and “whoa!” they look incredible. Designed to fit most factory specs, the GX series flaunt a new HARMAN-proprietary tweeter deflector, they’re individually voiced, and have three-ohm voice coils for optimal power distribution. Add Plus One™ woofer cones, edge-driven soft dome tweeters and an ogle-worthy design, and you’ve got a speaker that does much more than deliver killer sound.
Trend-setting speakers that deliver high-fidelity sound you’d expect from JBL — great for those who want a superior audio experience while upgrading the style throughout their car’s interior.
At a Glance:
OEM-Level Reliability Testing
Plus One™ Woofer Cones
Three-ohm DCR Voice Coils
Frequency Response Up to 21kHz
HARMAN-Proprietary Tweeter Deflector
Edge-Driven Soft Dome Tweeter
External Crossover Housing
What's in the Box:
1 pair of grilles
1 pair of speakers
- Plus One™ Woofer Cones
- Harman’s patented (US patent #7,548,631) Plus One™ polypropylene cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class — the result is higher sensitivity, increased low-frequency output and greater musical character.
- Edge-Driven Soft Dome Tweeter
- Soft dome tweeters deliver a smooth high-frequency response and an increased power handling for highs and mids, which equates to more lifelike sound from vocals, cymbals, brass instruments and pianos.
- Three-ohm DCR Voice Coils
- The majority of factory-speaker wiring is so thin that it can’t draw the necessary power for great sound. With low-impedance, three-ohm voice coils, the GX Series speakers can pull more power from the amplifier, which means a clearer, richer sound for the listener.
- Frequency Response Up to 21kHz
- Hear what you’ve been missing — the JBL GX Series offers a frequency response that delivers the full-range response associated with exceptional sound.
- Individually Voiced
- For most brands, off-the-shelf speakers and a cursory approval of frequency response curves are good enough. That’s not the case with JBL. We don’t only listen to our speakers against the competition — we voice them against each other to ensure each line has the consistent JBL sound signature that’s known and sought out by those who care about their audio. This is just part of an extensive development process undertaken by some of the best transducer engineers in the world to provide the finest listening experience at any price point.
- HARMAN-Proprietary Tweeter Deflector
- Acting as a waveguide, the tweeter deflector allows for an angled, rotating speaker, which optimizes the off-axis sound performance. Because all cars are designed differently, this allows impeccable sound to travel throughout all locations in the cabin.
- External Crossover Housing
- The GX component systems feature external crossover housings, which provide space for sophisticated circuits including an adjustable tweeter level control and advanced tweeter protection.
- Affordable Pricing
- The JBL GX Series are all designed to give audio enthusiasts more boom for the buck — while they maintain a conservative price point, there is never a compromise in sound.
- OEM-Level Reliability Testing
- JBL tests every speaker design to the same rigid specifications as the automakers, subjecting them to extreme conditions that would break lesser speakers. We freeze them, bake them, shake them, blast them with ultraviolet light and drive them at full power for days to make sure your audio investment lasts for years.
Plus One® Technology
Plus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 6-1/2” coaxial car audio loudspeaker
- Frequency Response
- 50Hz – 21kHz
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Nominal Impedance
- 2.3 ohms
GX602 is rated out of 5 by 17.
Rated 5 out of 5 by OldSchool from Perfect Replacements! Bought these for my 06 Colorado as replacements. Wow! Should of done this years ago. I picked up some connectors on amazon so not to have to cut any wires which made install way easier. These speakers have great clarity with very respectable bass response. I'm using my factory head unit and it does a great job at driving these speakers. Any speaker sounds better with a aftermarket HU or sub, but if you're looking for a great upgrade without all that, these will certainly do the job. I do own other JBL products and their descriptions are always spot on. These were no different. I do prefer personal reviews so I hope this helps.
Date published: 2017-04-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Willwilson from drop in replacement for 2014 Harley Street Glide Hated the sound of my 2014 Boom 6.5 system on the 2014 Street Glide Special. I have a set of 15+ year old JBL outdoor speakers that still are amazing so I decided to give these a try. All I can say is WOWW! Great clarity and healthy Mid Base with the stock HU. Treble actually required attenuation. Vocals and all instruments are now discernible instead of the mishmash of the stock 5 1/4 inch speakers. The stock speakers had magnets better suited for putting pictures on the fridge. They use the same connectors and screw holes as stock and require no changes . Use the stock Harley grills and toss the ones included. Waiting on the 180 watt 2 channel amp to give a bit extra BAMM!
Date published: 2015-10-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bradley from Absolute clarity These speakers are excellent. The improvement I've seen over my stock speakers has been excellent. They have significantly improved the clarity in the high range and the middle range too. The only caveat is the lack of depth in the lows, but considering the size of the speaker, it is not all that surprising. The clarity of sound has been the most noticeable difference. Overall, it was well worth the purchase. I am running a stock receiver unit and have still been blown away by the improvement in quality. I will certainly be looking to upgrade the receiver and unit to see how much more performance I can extract from them when I have control over the EQ and am running more appropriate power to them.
Date published: 2017-02-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mike696969 from Worth the money Great speaker!!! Easy installation. Highs and mid are incredible. Bass is good. I didn't purchase for the bass. I purchased for the highs. Recommend these speakers for sure
Date published: 2017-06-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by Punkyallstar from Replacement from stock speakers I had aftermarket reciever in my s2000 AP1. Once I added the speakers in the s-pod head pillar, it sounds amazing even with no amp. The bass is just right and the most I an concerned was it's clarity. I am able to hear very well when the volume is up high and the top down. These speakers of course is worth it. Price I wish it could go down more but I found it cheaper elsewhere. I recommend trying them out. Beats having kickers that you can't understand what the music is saying with bass blasting.
Date published: 2015-09-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ws0q from Great upgrade! I bought these on a whim to replace my bose speakers.
Date published: 2016-03-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by Long Dong from Great sound Just put them in my dodge Dakota and they sound great! Well worth the money
Date published: 2018-06-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jfhchcgvcv from Awesome! has a lot of bass for a 6.5in, highs are crisp too.
Date published: 2018-04-23
Ik wil dezen ik mijn auto plaatsen 2 voor en 2 achter Wat voor versterker heb ik nodig
Hi In dat geval, als je hier geen subwoofer bij wil gebruiken, dan kan ik je de JBL GX-A604 aanraden. https://www.jbl.nl/car-amplifiers/GX-A604_.html?dwvar_GX-A604___color=Black-GLOBAL-Current Mocht je toch in de toekomst een subwoofer hierbij willen aansluiten, dan kan je je daar al op voorbereiden met een 5 kanaals versterker. Kijk dan even naar de JBL Club 5501 https://www.jbl.nl/car-amplifiers/CLUB5501-.html?cgid=car-amplifiers&dwvar_CLUB5501-_color=Black-GLOBAL-Current#start=1
Date published: 2018-09-17
I noticed the Ohm rating of 2.3. My aftermarket deck is rated at 4/8 Ohm. The length of the speaker wire will be about 8 feet per speaker, on 16 g wire. Could this cause a problem?
The GX602 has the True 4 Ohms features that when the speaker starts playing, the coils will warm up, and the net impedance will increase. This, combined with using the long typically thin gauge stock speaker wire in the car, will bring the overall nominal impedance up to nearly 4 ohms, and will work safely with all head units/amps.​ Should you have further concerns, please submit a case request at https://www.jbl.com/support-contact.html and the Customer Service Team will be more than happy to assist you.
Date published: 2018-09-12
I have a Pioneer FH-P5000MP head unit in my Tundra. It’s 50w x 4. It operates at 4 or 8 Ohm. I thought the GX602s would work well because they handle well over the 50w. Will they work being 2.3 Ohms? I keep seeing “true 4 Ohm technology” mentioned. Thanks
Our speakers will work with his Pioneer head unit. Our current aftermarket speakers have True 4 Ohm Technology. As the speaker starts playing, the coils will warm up, and the net impedance will increase. This, combined with using the long typically thin gauge stock speaker wire in the car, will bring the overall nominal impedance up to nearly 4 ohms, and will work safely with all head units/amps.
Date published: 2018-09-07
Will these fit my volkswagen up (2013)? Also are they a straight swap with no complications?
Hi The GX602's should work with standard head units in cars. Whether or not these will fit ( mounting ) in your Volkswagen UP, we can't say. I would like to advise you to download the owner's manual from our support page, and contact your Volkswagen dealer for more information about how to replace your speakers.
Date published: 2018-09-03
will this fit my 2013 jeep jku wrangler?
Hi! The mounting depth of the GX602 is 52mm, or 2-1/16". Websites may state that the speaker does not fit, but the best way to determine is to manually measure the depth of the port on where you will be installing the speakers at on your Wrangler.
Date published: 2018-08-03
Hallo; ich habe bei meinen alten Boxen einen Lochabstand von max 11.5cm ! Ist das bei dieser Box identisch, oder müßten die Befestigungslöcher angepasst werden?
"Vermute" - ;-) - mal der Durchmesser beträgt 165mm, nicht der Radius! Ich würde gern wissen ob die GX602 immer gleich sind wenn sie für verschiedene Fabrikate und Typen angeboten werden. Dazu nix in den FAQ gefunden.
Date published: 2018-07-30
If I purchased these speakers would I also need to purchase an amplifier?
Hello. Thank you for your interest in our product. With the JBL GX602, you don't necessarily need to purchase an amplifier. You can have this connected directly to the car's head unit. Should you have further concerns, we would like to work with you directly. Please submit a case request at https://www.jbl.com/support-contact.html and the Customer Service Team will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you.
Date published: 2018-07-19
Most reviewers recommend an amplifier with the 6 inch GX series speakers. I don't want to go Thumpin down the boulevard in my car,I Just want to listen to great Hi-Fi. So an amp with how many watts would you recommend?
We would like to work with you directly to help you with your issue. Please submit a case request at https://www.jbl.com/support-contact.html and the Customer Service Team will be more than happy to assist you.
Date published: 2018-07-03
Search Result For ""