Additional InformationHead’s are going to turn when they hear the sound that pumps through the JBL GX Series speakers. But get in and “whoa!” they look incredible. Designed to fit most factory specs, the GX series flaunt a new HARMAN-proprietary tweeter deflector, they’re individually voiced, and have three-ohm voice coils for optimal power distribution. Add Plus One™ woofer cones, edge-driven soft dome tweeters and an ogle-worthy design, and you’ve got a speaker that does much more than deliver killer sound.
Trend-setting speakers that deliver high-fidelity sound you’d expect from JBL — great for those who want a superior audio experience while upgrading the style throughout their car’s interior.
At a Glance:
OEM-Level Reliability Testing
Plus One™ Woofer Cones
Three-ohm DCR Voice Coils
Frequency Response Up to 21kHz
HARMAN-Proprietary Tweeter Deflector
Edge-Driven Soft Dome Tweeter
External Crossover Housing
What's in the box:
1 pair of grilles
1 pair of speakers
- Plus One™ Woofer Cones
- Harman’s patented (US patent #7,548,631) Plus One™ polypropylene cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class — the result is higher sensitivity, increased low-frequency output and greater musical character.
- Edge-Driven Soft Dome Tweeter
- Soft dome tweeters deliver a smooth high-frequency response and an increased power handling for highs and mids, which equates to more lifelike sound from vocals, cymbals, brass instruments and pianos.
- Three-ohm DCR Voice Coils
- The majority of factory-speaker wiring is so thin that it can’t draw the necessary power for great sound. With low-impedance, three-ohm voice coils, the GX Series speakers can pull more power from the amplifier, which means a clearer, richer sound for the listener.
- Frequency Response Up to 21kHz
- Hear what you’ve been missing — the JBL GX Series offers a frequency response that delivers the full-range response associated with exceptional sound.
- Individually Voiced
- For most brands, off-the-shelf speakers and a cursory approval of frequency response curves are good enough. That’s not the case with JBL. We don’t only listen to our speakers against the competition — we voice them against each other to ensure each line has the consistent JBL sound signature that’s known and sought out by those who care about their audio. This is just part of an extensive development process undertaken by some of the best transducer engineers in the world to provide the finest listening experience at any price point.
- HARMAN-Proprietary Tweeter Deflector
- Acting as a waveguide, the tweeter deflector allows for an angled, rotating speaker, which optimizes the off-axis sound performance. Because all cars are designed differently, this allows impeccable sound to travel throughout all locations in the cabin.
- External Crossover Housing
- The GX component systems feature external crossover housings, which provide space for sophisticated circuits including an adjustable tweeter level control and advanced tweeter protection.
- Affordable Pricing
- The JBL GX Series are all designed to give audio enthusiasts more boom for the buck — while they maintain a conservative price point, there is never a compromise in sound.
- OEM-Level Reliability Testing
- JBL tests every speaker design to the same rigid specifications as the automakers, subjecting them to extreme conditions that would break lesser speakers. We freeze them, bake them, shake them, blast them with ultraviolet light and drive them at full power for days to make sure your audio investment lasts for years.
Plus One® Technology
Plus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 6-1/2” coaxial car audio loudspeaker
- Frequency Response
- 50Hz – 21kHz
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Nominal Impedance
- 2.3 ohms
GX602 is rated out of 5 by 12.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Willwilson from drop in replacement for 2014 Harley Street Glide Hated the sound of my 2014 Boom 6.5 system on the 2014 Street Glide Special. I have a set of 15+ year old JBL outdoor speakers that still are amazing so I decided to give these a try. All I can say is WOWW! Great clarity and healthy Mid Base with the stock HU. Treble actually required attenuation. Vocals and all instruments are now discernible instead of the mishmash of the stock 5 1/4 inch speakers. The stock speakers had magnets better suited for putting pictures on the fridge. They use the same connectors and screw holes as stock and require no changes . Use the stock Harley grills and toss the ones included. Waiting on the 180 watt 2 channel amp to give a bit extra BAMM!
Date published: 2015-10-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bradley from Absolute clarity These speakers are excellent. The improvement I've seen over my stock speakers has been excellent. They have significantly improved the clarity in the high range and the middle range too. The only caveat is the lack of depth in the lows, but considering the size of the speaker, it is not all that surprising. The clarity of sound has been the most noticeable difference. Overall, it was well worth the purchase. I am running a stock receiver unit and have still been blown away by the improvement in quality. I will certainly be looking to upgrade the receiver and unit to see how much more performance I can extract from them when I have control over the EQ and am running more appropriate power to them.
Date published: 2017-02-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by OldSchool from Perfect Replacements! Bought these for my 06 Colorado as replacements. Wow! Should of done this years ago. I picked up some connectors on amazon so not to have to cut any wires which made install way easier. These speakers have great clarity with very respectable bass response. I'm using my factory head unit and it does a great job at driving these speakers. Any speaker sounds better with a aftermarket HU or sub, but if you're looking for a great upgrade without all that, these will certainly do the job. I do own other JBL products and their descriptions are always spot on. These were no different. I do prefer personal reviews so I hope this helps.
Date published: 2017-04-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mike696969 from Worth the money Great speaker!!! Easy installation. Highs and mid are incredible. Bass is good. I didn't purchase for the bass. I purchased for the highs. Recommend these speakers for sure
Date published: 2017-06-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by Punkyallstar from Replacement from stock speakers I had aftermarket reciever in my s2000 AP1. Once I added the speakers in the s-pod head pillar, it sounds amazing even with no amp. The bass is just right and the most I an concerned was it's clarity. I am able to hear very well when the volume is up high and the top down. These speakers of course is worth it. Price I wish it could go down more but I found it cheaper elsewhere. I recommend trying them out. Beats having kickers that you can't understand what the music is saying with bass blasting.
Date published: 2015-09-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ws0q from Great upgrade! I bought these on a whim to replace my bose speakers.
Date published: 2016-03-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by jmalcom from Great Sound! Have had these in my car for about a year and they still sound great and look brand new. They have great bass for a 6.5 inch speaker and the highs notes are good and clear as well as everything in between.
Date published: 2016-11-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by xRocom from Amazing i bought these due to a few people on a facebook page recommended them. i am blown away from the quality sound!
Date published: 2017-01-25
Search Result For ""