Additional InformationHead’s are going to turn when they hear the sound that pumps through the JBL GX Series speakers. But get in and “whoa!” they look incredible. Designed to fit most factory specs, the GX series flaunt a new HARMAN-proprietary tweeter deflector, they’re individually voiced, and have three-ohm voice coils for optimal power distribution. Add Plus One™ woofer cones, edge-driven soft dome tweeters and an ogle-worthy design, and you’ve got a speaker that does much more than deliver killer sound.
Trend-setting speakers that deliver high-fidelity sound you’d expect from JBL — great for those who want a superior audio experience while upgrading the style throughout their car’s interior.
At a Glance:
OEM-level reliability testing
Plus One™ Woofer Cones
Three-ohm DCR Voice Coils
Frequency Response Up to 21kHz
HARMAN-Proprietary Tweeter Deflector
Edge-Driven Soft Dome Tweeter
External crossover housing
What's in the Box:
One strip with mounting tape
- Plus One™ Woofer Cones
- Harman’s patented (US patent #7,548,631) Plus One™ polypropylene cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class — the result is higher sensitivity, increased low-frequency output and greater musical character.
- Edge-Driven Soft Dome Tweeter
- Soft dome tweeters deliver a smooth high-frequency response and an increased power handling for highs and mids, which equates to more lifelike sound from vocals, cymbals, brass instruments and pianos.
- Frequency Response Up to 21kHz
- The majority of factory-speaker wiring is so thin that it can’t draw the necessary power for great sound. With low-impedance, three-ohm voice coils, the GX Series speakers can pull more power from the amplifier, which means a clearer, richer sound for the listener.
- Frequency Response Up to 21kHz
- Hear what you’ve been missing — the JBL GX Series offers a frequency response that delivers the full-range response associated with exceptional sound.
- Individually Voiced
- For most brands, off-the-shelf speakers and a cursory approval of frequency response curves are good enough. That’s not the case with JBL. We don’t only listen to our speakers against the competition — we voice them against each other to ensure each line has the consistent JBL sound signature that’s known and sought out by those who care about their audio. This is just part of an extensive development process undertaken by some of the best transducer engineers in the world to provide the finest listening experience at any price point.
- HARMAN-Proprietary Tweeter Deflector
- Acting as a waveguide, the tweeter deflector allows for an angled, rotating speaker, which optimizes the off-axis sound performance. Because all cars are designed differently, this allows impeccable sound to travel throughout all locations in the cabin.
- External Crossover Housing
- The GX component systems feature external crossover housings, which provide space for sophisticated circuits including an adjustable tweeter level control and advanced tweeter protection.
- Affordable Pricing
- The JBL GX Series are all designed to give audio enthusiasts more boom for the buck — while they maintain a conservative price point, there is never a compromise in sound.
- OEM-Level Reliability Testing
- JBL tests every speaker design to the same rigid specifications as the automakers, subjecting them to extreme conditions that would break lesser speakers. We freeze them, bake them, shake them, blast them with ultraviolet light and drive them at full power for days to make sure your audio investment lasts for years.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 5” x 7” / 6” x 8” coaxial car audio loudspeaker
- Frequency Response
- 50Hz – 21kHz
- Nominal Impedance
- 2.3 ohms
- Power Handling (Peak)
GX862 is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jim C from Great sound Was looking for a good replacement for my stock speakers in my 2002 Ford Taurus, and these are a excellent replacement. Great bass and clarity in all ranges. Tried several speakers and these are by far the best for the Taurus. Looking to add the bass pro slim 8" woofer for that added thump. You won't be disappointed!
Date published: 2016-07-15
Rated 4 out of 5 by CoachD from Terrific Upgrade! Bought these and a set of kickers to upgrade my F150. Put these up front because they sounded better in the high range than the kickers. I was fortunate to get these at $75 at BB. Only complaint is it would have been nice if they through in a couple of 6 inch wire connections and connectors like kicker does. Quality of sound is a 10/10. Ease of installation 6/10. That being said, if you can take a door panel off a car nowadays, you can easily make this upgrade.
Date published: 2014-12-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joshuamez from PHENOMENAL Amazing speakers that have the highs, mids, and lows that I want. They have a good bass and clear and amazing sounding highs and mids. I just wish they came as component speakers instead.
Date published: 2015-12-28
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bjay from Very Clean sounding So after blowing my rockford speakers, I decided to try these out. Bought them from best buy and installed right away. I have my speakers amped and wow, they sound super clean and the highs are refined.
Date published: 2015-01-11
Rated 1 out of 5 by reklaus from Very Disappointed I have been a faithful JBL fan and user for over 40 years, in pro sound, on stage and in studios. JBL speakers have always been at the top of my list... except these. I bought them for my 2007 Ford F-150 XL pickup to upgrade from the factory speakers. These are the first JBL speakers that I'll be returning in my life. There was very poor bass, weak midrange and needed more power to produce the same listening level as the stock Ford speakers. I may have gotten a bad set but that would be a first also.
Date published: 2016-03-02
Rated 4 out of 5 by rhdad42 from Great replacement for stock speakers We installed these in my son's 2002 Mustang along with a new head unit, and the difference is dramatic. While they don't have the deep, booming bass that a lot of teenagers seem to want these days, to my ears the sound is smooth and balanced. Highly recommended for those looking to upgrade.
Date published: 2016-09-23
Want to replace my entire stock sound system in my 1997 ford f-350 crew cab with a am-fm cd receiver that supports Sirius radio as well as a amp and a speaker system that will have power and extreme clarity like a concert hall. What would you recommend?
We would like to work with you directly. Please submit a case request at https://www.jbl.com/support-contact.html and the Customer Service Team will be more than happy to assist you.
Date published: 2018-10-01
I see these are 3 ohm rated , my pioneer head unit says to run 4 to 8 , would these be ok to still run ?? I run Kenwood 5x7 s but the range is to narrow and I'm after a bit more . Many thanks
Thank you for your question. You should match the Ohms of your whole system. The speakers will still work as long as they are not turned up to their full capacity, but we would still recommend you look for one that is 4 ohms instead.
Date published: 2018-02-20
Looking for the best amp options for these speakers. Do you have any recommendations on which ones
We would like to work with you directly to help you with your issue. Please submit a case request at https://www.jbl.com/support-contact.html and the Customer Service Team will be more than happy to assist you.
Date published: 2017-12-05
Do the speaks come with connectors already installed or will yon need to wire it in?
The GX862 doesn't come with connectors. You need to wire it in.
Date published: 2017-12-02
Now the size says 5x7 / 6x8 on google my Ford Escape is 6x8 both front and back. What is the 5x7 will these fit
If your Ford Escape can fit a 6x8 speaker, then the GX862 will fit. The 5x7 description means that it can also be mounted as a 5x7 speaker.
Date published: 2017-12-02
In de handleiding van mijn (pioneer MVH-280FD) autoradio staat dat 4 tot 8 ohm het beste is. Ik ben nog geen autoradio tegengekomen die 2,3 ohm ondersteund. Is dit een probleem?
Hi Sam, Je zal ook niet snel een autoradio vinden die 2,3ohm ondersteunen ( in de documentatie in ieder geval ). De GX series zijn gebouwd met dit in gedachten, en zullen zonder problemen op een 4ohm versterker/radio aangesloten kunnen worden. Vanwege het formaat van de drivers in de GX series, kunnen deze luidsprekers een zeer zuiver en luid geluid produceren, zelfs wanneer de impedantie hoger is dan de luidsprekers, op een lager volume vanaf de radio. Mocht je meer vragen hebben, neem dan even contact op met onze klantenservice, dan staan we je hier graag te woord.
Date published: 2017-02-08
What is the best setup for 2011 f150 super cab? Speaker cups or just speaker install?
The GX862s are designed to be installed on a free-air environment. Thus installing it without a speaker cup/flower pot will let the speaker work as intended. If the speaker will be installed in a panel that other speakers will be installed on, it may help to install a flower pot to make sure that vibrations caused by one would not affect the other.
Date published: 2017-12-02
Hi. Please can you tell me if these fit into a Fiesta (Mk6) 2004 model whose factory speaker size is 5 x 7? Thanks.
Hi Gilly Thank you for the question The GX862 is made so it can replace both 5"x7" and 6"x8" drivers. I can't say for sure if it fits, because I do not know the possible mounting depth in the Fiesta. The Mounting depth of GX 862 is 61 mm. If you buy this driver set through the JBL web-shop, then you have the 30 days return right, and there fore a chance to test out if it fits. Without getting stuck with something that doesn't work. If you have other questions, please contact our customer help-desk.
Date published: 2018-03-14
Search Result For ""