Additional InformationHead’s are going to turn when they hear the sound that pumps through the JBL GX Series speakers. But get in and “whoa!” they look incredible. Designed to fit most factory specs, the GX series flaunt a new HARMAN-proprietary tweeter deflector, they’re individually voiced, and have three-ohm voice coils for optimal power distribution. Add Plus One™ woofer cones, edge-driven soft dome tweeters and an ogle-worthy design, and you’ve got a speaker that does much more than deliver killer sound.
Trend-setting speakers that deliver high-fidelity sound you’d expect from JBL — great for those who want a superior audio experience while upgrading the style throughout their car’s interior.
At a Glance:
OEM-level reliability testing
Plus One™ Woofer Cones
Three-ohm DCR Voice Coils
Frequency Response Up to 21kHz
HARMAN-Proprietary Tweeter Deflector
Edge-Driven Soft Dome Tweeter
External crossover housing
What's in the box:
One strip with mounting tape
- Plus One™ Woofer Cones
- Harman’s patented (US patent #7,548,631) Plus One™ polypropylene cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class — the result is higher sensitivity, increased low-frequency output and greater musical character.
- Edge-Driven Soft Dome Tweeter
- Soft dome tweeters deliver a smooth high-frequency response and an increased power handling for highs and mids, which equates to more lifelike sound from vocals, cymbals, brass instruments and pianos.
- Frequency Response Up to 21kHz
- The majority of factory-speaker wiring is so thin that it can’t draw the necessary power for great sound. With low-impedance, three-ohm voice coils, the GX Series speakers can pull more power from the amplifier, which means a clearer, richer sound for the listener.
- Frequency Response Up to 21kHz
- Hear what you’ve been missing — the JBL GX Series offers a frequency response that delivers the full-range response associated with exceptional sound.
- Individually Voiced
- For most brands, off-the-shelf speakers and a cursory approval of frequency response curves are good enough. That’s not the case with JBL. We don’t only listen to our speakers against the competition — we voice them against each other to ensure each line has the consistent JBL sound signature that’s known and sought out by those who care about their audio. This is just part of an extensive development process undertaken by some of the best transducer engineers in the world to provide the finest listening experience at any price point.
- HARMAN-Proprietary Tweeter Deflector
- Acting as a waveguide, the tweeter deflector allows for an angled, rotating speaker, which optimizes the off-axis sound performance. Because all cars are designed differently, this allows impeccable sound to travel throughout all locations in the cabin.
- External Crossover Housing
- The GX component systems feature external crossover housings, which provide space for sophisticated circuits including an adjustable tweeter level control and advanced tweeter protection.
- Affordable Pricing
- The JBL GX Series are all designed to give audio enthusiasts more boom for the buck — while they maintain a conservative price point, there is never a compromise in sound.
- OEM-Level Reliability Testing
- JBL tests every speaker design to the same rigid specifications as the automakers, subjecting them to extreme conditions that would break lesser speakers. We freeze them, bake them, shake them, blast them with ultraviolet light and drive them at full power for days to make sure your audio investment lasts for years.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 5” x 7” / 6” x 8” coaxial car audio loudspeaker
- Frequency Response
- 50Hz – 21kHz
- Nominal Impedance
- 2.3 ohms
- Power Handling (Peak)
GX862 is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jim C from Great sound Was looking for a good replacement for my stock speakers in my 2002 Ford Taurus, and these are a excellent replacement. Great bass and clarity in all ranges. Tried several speakers and these are by far the best for the Taurus. Looking to add the bass pro slim 8" woofer for that added thump. You won't be disappointed!
Date published: 2016-07-15
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bjay from Very Clean sounding So after blowing my rockford speakers, I decided to try these out. Bought them from best buy and installed right away. I have my speakers amped and wow, they sound super clean and the highs are refined.
Date published: 2015-01-11
Rated 4 out of 5 by rhdad42 from Great replacement for stock speakers We installed these in my son's 2002 Mustang along with a new head unit, and the difference is dramatic. While they don't have the deep, booming bass that a lot of teenagers seem to want these days, to my ears the sound is smooth and balanced. Highly recommended for those looking to upgrade.
Date published: 2016-09-23
In de handleiding van mijn (pioneer MVH-280FD) autoradio staat dat 4 tot 8 ohm het beste is. Ik ben nog geen autoradio tegengekomen die 2,3 ohm ondersteund. Is dit een probleem?
Hi Sam, Je zal ook niet snel een autoradio vinden die 2,3ohm ondersteunen ( in de documentatie in ieder geval ). De GX series zijn gebouwd met dit in gedachten, en zullen zonder problemen op een 4ohm versterker/radio aangesloten kunnen worden. Vanwege het formaat van de drivers in de GX series, kunnen deze luidsprekers een zeer zuiver en luid geluid produceren, zelfs wanneer de impedantie hoger is dan de luidsprekers, op een lager volume vanaf de radio. Mocht je meer vragen hebben, neem dan even contact op met onze klantenservice, dan staan we je hier graag te woord.
Date published: 2017-02-08
Search Result For ""