Additional InformationAKG-quality sound is yours in a comfortable headphone built to withstand the rigors of the on-the-go lifestyle – lending an inspirational sense of styling edge to keep you looking as good as the statement you're making about what's important to you. Phenomenal sound is inspirational. So is a quality product constructed to take on the rigors of the real world? Add in complementary features to turn yesterday's listening device into a full-service means of connectivity and you've got yourself something you won't be able to let go of, let alone take off. Because AKG-quality sound is isolated and enclosed in a closed-back ear-cup design, which cancels out every other sound except the ones you want to focus in on. Lightweight and comfortable, yours is the perfect excuse to listen longer and switch between calls and music without ever getting out of your easy chair, if that's what feels good. A 1.2m detachable cable provides added freedom of movement and choice between devices while an inline remote/mic keeps things hands-free and easy. When you have to run, their fold-down, 3D-Axis design allows you to carry them in a soft pouch for safety while their bold new design platform allows you to choose from four cool colors while the iconic logo speaks to your good taste for anyone who wants to know. And they will want to know. Even before they give them a listen.
Discover AKG signature quality sound in a stylish, comfort-first, on-ear headphone destined to go with you everywhere. There are a lot of good headphones out there but few have the credentials for sound quality that AKG enjoys – with over 65 years of Grammy®-recognized achievement and the respect of musicians everywhere. Hearing them is only part of the magic of AKG – as the AKG Y 50s represent a new breed of exceptional on-ear headphone for people demanding more: more quality, more convenience, more flexibility. Their inspirational performance is matched by a bold styling and a lightweight, comfortable fit that redefines the category. Slip them on. Feel yourself escape into the luxury of rich sound with enhanced bass. Of hands-free controls placed just right for an ease of operation whether you're plugged into your smartphone or other device of your choice. Their closed-back design eliminates any other sounds but the ones you want to be hearing, providing a snug, comfortable fit that won't wear you down like many headphones. Choose a look and color to complement your personal touch – while you become a catalyst for quality and taste.
At a Glance:
Signature AKG-quality sound with enriched bass performance
On-ear headphone with closed ear-cup design for reduced ambient noise
Long-lasting, comfortable fit with rugged, lightweight design
Detachable, 1.2m. Cable with inline, one-button remote/mic for complete hands-free accessibility
3D-Axis folding mechanism and pouch for easy storage and safe transport
What's in the box:
1 pair of AKG Y 50 On-ear headphones
1 detachable cable w. universal one-button remote/mic
3.5 – 6.3mm adapter
Soft travel pouch
- Signature AKG-quality sound with enriched bass performance
- AKG sound originates from powerful, 40mm drivers delivering an enhanced, punched-up bass response with minimal disturbance from the outside world thanks to their bleed-resistant design.
- On-ear headphone with closed ear-cup design for reduced ambient noise
- Removing those external sounds you'd rather not hear allows for a distraction-free environment with which to fully concentrate on the acoustics you'd prefer to hear – as it should be.
- Long-lasting, comfortable fit with rugged, lightweight design
- Headphones may sound great but unless they're comfortable, they won't wear well over time. The AKG Y 50s lightweight construction and closed ear-cup design are engineered to feel like they're barely there – yet provide you with a listening experience to fit your discerning tastes like a glove.
- Detachable, 1.2m. Cable with inline, one-button remote/mic for complete hands-free accessibility
- Keep connected for work or for play while you choose between taking a call or riffing on a favorite tune – all without skipping a beat. Compatible with most smartphones, AKG Y 50s address your on-the-go lifestyle but leave the decisions of what to do next up to you.
- 3D-Axis folding mechanism and pouch for easy storage and safe transport
- AKG Y 50s adhere to your on-the-go lifestyle, designed to fold down neatly for safe storage in a compact, protected pouch. This keeps them safe when you're not using them – but ready to come into play whenever you need to take them with you.
Manuals & Downloads:
- AKG on-ear headphones with bass-enhanced sound, advanced styling, a comfortable fit and the convenience of an in-line remote/mic
- Closed-back headphones
- Maximum input power
- 100 mW
- Net weight (without cable)
- 99.99% oxygen-free cable, 1.2m
- Main connection
- Jack plug 3.5mm, hard gold-plated
- Speaker Sensitivity
- 115 dB SPL/V
- Speaker Frequency Response
- 16 Hz to 24 kHz
- Speaker Nominal Impedance
- 32 ohms
- Speaker Weight (kg)
- 190 g
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Jack plug 3.5mm, hard gold-plated
Y50 is rated out of 5 by 13.
Rated 5 out of 5 by xfgx from Excellent quality Was looking for a pair of good AKG headphones to prevent over-using the K551 and stop taking the K551's so often on commute, etc ; after some thought went for the Y50. It wasn't a bad choice at all. (sure, sound spacial distribution is more refined on the K551) After few weeks of usage, I believe I take them off the ears a bit more often then I would with the K551, but then these are over the ear design and such is expected.
Date published: 2017-05-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by PointR from Almost perfect I found about those when looking for a replacement to my previous aging "monitor" headphones from a certain popular taiwanese manufacturer. I saw the design, the price, and instantly wanted to try those in the shop I was in. I instantly fell in love with them, the sound was marvellous. For its price I've been insanely impressed of what it delivers since it's entirely passive. So I got them, and I loved them. I kept using them for music creation tasks and even use its microphone for calls on my computer since it's an excellent mike. They're quite comfortable unacordingly to most reviews I've read on the web. Sadly after arround eight months of use I broke its cable and no sound comes out of my pair of headphones. It started by randomly pausing music on my phone, then a morning the sound only came out of the right side, and then nothing anymore. I'm still sad this happened, because those are the best headphones I ever had. I'm definitely going to grab another cable, or completely replace my unit for a shiny new pair of Y50. Only complaint I have to do is that the paint gets scratched quickly on the hoop and ears, and scales after two or three months on the hoop.
Date published: 2017-09-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kërcim from Comfortable. Effective. Durable. Affordable! I bought them during Black Friday 2015 when I think they were 10% off. The flagship store in NYC has friendly staff and the headphones themselves are great. I had old AKG DJ headphones and they broke. These were a great replacement. Perfect for playing live sets, I like that AKG includes the adapter and I like the design where the size adjustment is because my old AKGs snapped because of the old design.
Date published: 2016-07-21
Rated 2 out of 5 by Poppi from Dålig sladd, bra ljud Bra ljud fram tills dess att sladden slutade fungera efter 11 månader. Verkar inte gå att köpa endast ny sladd. :(
Date published: 2017-01-19
Rated 4 out of 5 by Cole B from Almost perfect. Got the blue pair about a year ago, and i love them. my only gripe is that the padding on the headband came off after only a few months of regular every day use, a little disappointing, but none the less, i am excited to try the y50bt.
Date published: 2016-09-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by Prophet4profit from Awesome. Got these in yellow. Only way to go. Sound is great. Fit perfectly. Awesome value.
Date published: 2016-07-07
Rated 1 out of 5 by Thommy_81 from Usel kabel som inte ens finns att köpa ny Halvdant ljud och en kabel som inte ens hänger kvar ordentligt. Började glappa inom ett halvår och är oanvändbar inom året... Vore väl ok om sladden gick att få tag i men det är ju bara att glömma!
Date published: 2016-06-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by LightPhantom073 from Love it Got it, and don't regret a second of getting it. Excellent comfort, sound and build quality. Cable need improvement but its my favorite headphones i've used so far.
Date published: 2016-06-28
Does this product have wireless or bluetooth connectivity
The Y50 is not a wireless device.
Date published: 2016-10-03
Are these headphones AKG Y50 brand new or recertified refurbished
Search Result For ""