Additional InformationJBL® engineers designed the 660GTi 6-inch (160-millimetre) competition speaker system with a list of breakthrough features that offer high-performance car audio woofers and matching tweeters. Its speaker’s feature vented baskets, pole pieces and voice-coil formers to eliminate any potential distortion caused by the movement of air trapped within component parts. An ultra-rigid Kevlar® cone eliminates unwanted cone flexing – also called modal distortion – that can cause unpleasant-sounding peaks and dips in the mid-range response. The speaker’s spider and surround ensure linear forward and backward motion to minimise suspension-based distortion. A copper pole piece cap and flux-stabilisation ring produce a linear voice-coil inductance that minimises inter-modulation distortion. Finally, the speaker’s voice coil is long enough to remain within the magnetic gap in order to minimise other distortions. The result is crystal-clear mid-range, snappy mid-bass and an extremely smooth frequency response. JBL engineers designed this speaker for optimum performance and targeted it at competitors who won’t settle for anything less than great sound on the road.
The 660GTi replacement car loudspeaker rewards its owner with performance that goes far beyond the sum of its parts. A cast-aluminium basket provides rigid support for the motors and moving assemblies. The speaker system includes a 6-inch (160-millimetre) woofer that offers the lowest-distortion performance that JBL® car audio engineers ever produced, resulting in outstanding sound within your car. The 660GTi is for competitors who will not settle for second place or sound quality that’s less than spectacular.
At a Glance:
25 – 600 watts suggested amplifier power range
Ultra-rigid Kevlar-cone woofer
Vented motor assemblies
35° design axis for optimal listening
Waveguides disperse full, balanced sound
What's in the box:
2 660GTi component woofers
2 660GTi component tweeters
2 woofer grilles
4 woofer grille trays
2 tweeter flush-mount assemblies
2 tweeter flush-mount rings
4 tweeter surface-mount assemblies
2 tweeter grille trays
1 crossover unit
48 mounting screws
16 mounting clips
1 Allen key
2 sound isolation tapes
- 25 – 600 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers designed the 660GTi speaker to produce strong, clear sound from a head-unit or amplifier capable of delivering up to 600 watts of power.
- Ultra-rigid Kevlar-cone woofer
- The 660GTi’s ultra-rigid Kevlar cone eliminates peaks and dips in the mid-bass and mid-range frequency response. A neodymium magnet provides high flux density and allows room for large steel motor components that provide critical heat sink mass for the voice coil. And a copper pole piece cap and flux-stabilisation ring ensure that the cone’s motion remains ultra-linear, thereby reducing distortion to minimal levels.
- Vented motor assemblies
- Speaker structures heat up during use, causing power compression that reduces your music’s dynamic range and lowers output levels. Because the 660GTi woofer’s vented-gap motor structures eliminate heat, they will play loud and long, using less amplifier power than other designs.
- 35° design axis for optimal listening
- Speaker mounting locations inside a car do not always allow for ideal on-axis placement, even for a single listener, because they are too close to every listening position. The 660GTi uses an inventive 35-degree design axis that provides an optimal listening window for each front-seat listener.
- Waveguides disperse full, balanced sound
- A speaker’s audio-dispersion pattern is different at low and high frequencies. The 660GTi’s waveguides match the directivity of the tweeter to that of the woofer at the system’s crossover point, which results in smooth, linear sound.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 6 1/2"
- Frequency Response
- Nominal Impedance
- 4 ohms
- (2.83V@1m) 92dB
- Peak Power
- Power Handling (RMS)
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Tweeter level control and frequency contour
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Ultra-rigid Kevlar® cone and dustcap with cast aluminum frame
- Crossover Frequencies
- Outboard, 2500Hz
- High-Frequency Transducer
- 1" (25mm) edge-driven EOS tweeter with constant-directivity waveguide
- External Diameter Woofer (in)
- Mounting Depth Woofer (mm)
- External Diameter Tweeter (in)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter Tweeter (in)
- Mounting Depth Tweeter (mm)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter Woofer (mm)
- External Diameter Tweeter (mm)
- Mounting Depth Woofer (in)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter Woofer (in)
- Mounting Depth (mm)
- External Diameter Woofer (mm)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter Tweeter (mm)
- Mounting Depth Tweeter (in)
660GTi is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hotrod6871 from Awesome full sound...! I have done custom installs for years & I've gotta say this set is the best by far, they'll handle everything you throw at them crystal clear..!
Date published: 2015-08-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by rocky from Simply Fantastic!!! Absolutely nothing comes close to these speakers. Clean, clear, power; at any volume. Once you hear these speakers, you can never go back to any thing else. Worth every penny!!!!!!!!! Hears a rumor that they would be discontinued. That would be tragic!
Date published: 2014-07-31
hi..yesterday ibught 660gti component speakers ..and inow that the first valuable was 2007-2008.and now we are in2016 is this 9 years efective in the quality of the speakers? thank you.
The materials used in the 660GTI do not deteriorate over time. They will not suffer any lack of sonic quality due to the date they were built vs. the purchase date.
Date published: 2017-12-02
Does this package include the amplifier that is pictured?
Thank you for your inquiry, yes this package includes the amplifier
Date published: 2016-02-17
Search Result For ""